Thursday, June 16, 2011

the real life.....

this is what my life consisted of today.....
there were, at one time or another, 9 kids in my house
using my couch cushions and decorative pillows as a fort and/or armor... 
for an epic nerf gun war.
things got out of control pretty quickly
what is this, you ask?
besides a really dirty front door rug?  how about the front door handle
which ended up on the floor
how does a handle just fall off of the door?
since we are having a subdivision garage sale tomorrow and i will be participating, i made some 
goodies for the kids to sell....4 dozen cupcakes, a pan of brownies and banana bread which resulted in my kitchen looking like
this:
and this:
aah, a little visual reprieve....
nope. back to real life.....
the dog played it safe and hid out in his cage during all of the madness...
and what could be more craptastic than all of that?
the email i got from my girlfriend that said 
"good morning! 
your baby is now a high schooler"! 
yes, austen graduated 8th grade and hence is done with middle school.  he had his recognition ceremony 
tuesday night....
and today?
he turned 14.  fourteen!
and my stomach is sick.  he was just in kindergarten....how does this happen?
he is too young to be 14!
happy birthday buddy, you are a rock star.

9 comments:

Musings Of A Gem said...

Happy Birthday Austen!

Wow you must of had one hell of a headache by the end of the day. I love your home...such a pretty house : )

Hope you sell lots at your garage sale!

Gemma x

Georgianna said...

Your confront and patience are beyond anything I could imagine! I guess this is the chaos part of your blog title? :)

Congratulations to Austin – he's such a handsome guy.

letrecivette said...

Ohh..I understand so weel what is it the house whit many children..! Good reportage!
I came from Georgianna and I'd like to thanks for your kind words on her comm!
Have a great week! Monica

Meg from Megs A Mommy! said...

14! Oh my. Happy Birthday to your little Man!!

Looks like you had a busy busy weekend! Take your time looking everything over, if you have any questions, let me know!

Big Hugs!

Cindy said...

Your house looks like one where real life happens, don't worry, one day it will be quiet and everything will be in it's place, and you will be wanting those kids back again, just once.
At least that is how I feel. My kids are grown and I miss the hassels, the confusion, and the messes...soon I will be at the age where I will go to their homes and create the kind of mess they made in mine at one time! HAAHAHAH! I know it really isn't funny, but oh how I wish my kids were still little sometimes.
Hugs, Cindy

Marie said...

Hi there Cindy - looks like fun although chaotic. Thanks for all your decorating advice about my secret hideaway...I'll definitely have a crystal chandy in there.

-Marie

Robin's Nesting Place said...

Well, this is my first visit to your blog. WOW, you must have the patience of Job!
I can look past the kids and the mess and see your lovely home. I know that I am going to enjoy browsing through your blog to see more!
Good luck with that garage sale!

Kirsty Girl said...

what fun! I do love those nerf guns! hehe

Lisa said...

Nine kids in the house. Sounds like wild times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails